Blog Archive

2007-09-01

Mind your posture

I am in the middle of two day workshop, Powerful Presentations. Although I had fairly much experience in delivering presentations in English I did not know that I had a serious problem in my gesture and posture. All the participants of the workshop had a chance to video-taped their own presentation practice and reviewed the recorded video together. I was surprised that I used such an insecure posture and unnatural gesture. They said this non-verbal, but visual or vocal aspects have much more impact on the effectiveness of one's presentation. I had just thought that the message, the verbal message was the key to the presentation until now.


Be aware of yourself. That was today's one big lesson. I hope I will be able to hook another tomorrow.


Fortunately, on the second day, people agreed that I had a very good facial expression when giving a presentation.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기